Week 2: The Calm Before the Storm

 Week 2: The Calm Before the Storm

This week on the Veterans History Project we decided on a date for our weekly meetings. Not much to report in terms of work or credit this week, but I'm sure in the coming weeks we'll have plenty to report on.

Brainstorming

This week I was brainstorming potential ideas from my involvement this semester. Compared to last semester, I will be taking a direct Hands-On approach in terms of planning and facilitating on campus and not just conducting and scheduling interviews. Hopefully this semester won't be as hectic and as crazy as last semester (read my blog about Veterans Day in the multiple hurricanes that  interrupted our plans to learn more about that). I believe ( I will correct myself if I am mistaken) That this, semester we will have direct involvement with the Olustee project once more. If you recall, I mentioned earlier that I had involvement with the 8th USCT  as a lead researcher  multiple semesters ago. If I had the opportunity, I would love to continue my work with them and perhaps even make trips to the battlefield to observe and collect data. This is a wish, of course,  as I will have my own responsibilities to deal with this semester as I take a more Hands-On approach with immediate tasks regarding the Veterans History Project.  All that to say that this semester will be busy, but not as troublesome as last semester (Thank goodness!). 

I hope next week to begin work on interviews and events to come, but for now all I can do is wait before the storm approaches. I'm very excited for this coming semester!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One: Re-Introductions

Week 15: The End

Week 8: Refocus