Week 7: Introduction to Storyboarding

 Week 7: Introduction to Storyboarding

This week on the Veteran's History Project I was able to begin my storyboarding journey! Storyboarding, for those who are not familiar, is a artistic outlet used to present the story of a Veteran. It provides a visual guide to help readers and researchers understand the story of the veteran in hand. this week, I wasn't able to fully work on a veteran, but I can give a few examples of how they work. I'll be interviewing a World War II veteran in the coming weeks, so I'll be sure to work on a storyboard for him.

Firstly, The storyboard is much more website editing than it is implementing the interview. Storyboards are website based with moving maps and interactive clips. That means there's plenty of imbedding and coding for these websites. 

The work is definitely required for a quality storyboard, but with the pairing of graphics, photos, headlines, and other organizational tools, you can  create a very accurate and easy to follow diorama. Attached is an example that shows how you can take a powerful quote from an interview and pair it with photography that adds and gives more significance to the Veteran's story. 

I haven't used storyboards all too much in my education, but I know enough to get around. the more and more I'm able to experiment with the programs and learn for myself, the more and more detail I'll be able to give. 
I'll undeniably be able to give a report and storyboard on our World War II veteran in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for that. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One: Re-Introductions

Week 15: The End

Week 8: Refocus