Week 9: Uneventful, but anticipating!

 Week 9: Uneventful, but anticipating!

This week on the veterans history project was honestly a let down. As I mentioned last week, I had an exciting interview set up with a World War II veteran this past Monday. I woke up Monday morning to find out that it was canceled due to issues regarding the veteran. My whole idea was that I would be able to write a bunch this week on that interview, but due to its cancellation and rescheduling, that is not the case.

Spring Break!

Even so, I'll use this opportunity to talk about my spring break activities that I had planned and how they relate to the veterans history project. Next week, I have the honor and privilege of going on a mission trip to the country of ! I'll be located in Mostar for the whole duration and I'm honestly super excited for this trip. Aside from the main intent of my trip, I'll also be able to explore the historic area and interview locals regarding tomorrow they might have endured in the past decades. . After centuries of tumultuous history, including a civil war from 1992-1995, Mostar is a city that has experienced undocumented amounts of ethnic division and political strife. While I'm there, I only hope to talk to locals to get a better understanding about their lifestyle and about the difficulties surrounding the area so that I may be able to have a better understanding of what we do here is so important.

Healthy comparison 

 I've mentioned this before in my previous essays and blogs, but you and I will never experience and understand the impact that Warfare has on a veteran's life. Our project is important because of what is given to us because of the sacrifices laid by the veterans. By interviewing locals and getting a better understanding of their daily lives, my appreciation for the American Veteran in the American Homefront will only grow stronger.

 I can't wait to document and write about my travels once I get back! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One: Re-Introductions

Week 15: The End

Week 14: A Successful Interview!